IHHAPP: INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN HEARING AID PURCHASING PROGRAM
Hearing aids can not be sold for profit or to compete with existing hearing aid distribution networks.
- Vetting process consists of an application, reference and a signed letter of agreement.
- Three hearing aid models to fit mild to profound hearing
- Prices range from $59 to $83.
- Screwdriver adjusted gain, frequency response and MPO.
- All hearing aids have volume controls.
- Telecoils available in some models. Hearing aids compatible with standard tone hooks or slim tubes.
To follow the mission of the WHO to ensure that high quality hearing aids are accessible and affordable to serve the large population of individuals with hearing loss in low resource countries. There is an annual need for approximately 7 million hearing aids in low resource countries yet fewer than 1 million hearing aids are fit annually.
1995: Ron Brouillette initiates and manages low cost hearing aid programs in low resource countries.
2009: Hearing Aid Purchasing Consortium started by WW Hearing under the direction of Ron Brouillette and Seema Shah.
2011: WW Hearing withdraws from the consortium to pursue an alternative model.
2011-2012: The Hearing Aid Purchasing Program is managed independently by Ron Brouillette and Debra Fried.
2012: The Hearing Aid Purchasing Program comes under the administration of Mayflower Medical Outreach with the support of the Coalition for Global Hearing Health and is renamed the International Humanitarian Hearing Aid Purchasing Program. Website launched, application process formalized and a surcharge system installed to provide for a sustainable model.
* NEW * LOW COST * HIGH QUALITY DIGITALLY * PROGRAMMABLE HEARING AIDS FOR WORLDWIDE HUMANITARIAN AUDIOLOGY SERVICES
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (405) 673-6422
AUDIOLOGY SUPPORT (917) 584-3788
P.O. Box 75449, Oklahoma City, OK 73147
Ronald Brouillette, Ph.D., Debra Fried, M.S. CCC-A, Anita Stein-Meyers, Au.D. –CCC-A